WELCOME to my blog!

let's learn and share together!

Jul 1, 2013

Happy July 1st! Shadow box fun

Hello and Happy 1st day of July!!!   I posted yesterday that I would do better about posting...so I am!
One of my daughter's has a college friend that just had a baby girl. Her and her husband also have a little boy.  Maybe I can make the farm shadow box for him?  So back to the topic at hand, because I can get off topic with a quickness!!  LOL  She asked me to make something for her.....and so I did! ooooh.... I can even make a card and decorate a bag that matches too.  When I do, I will post those pics as well.

I love La-La Land Crafts!!  I ordered some of their shadow boxes.  They are amazing!  So here is my first try at the carousel shadow box.  I love their dies too and their stamps are so cute. You can go and check out their products for yourself and you will see what I mean.   http://shop.lalalandcrafts.com/




I hope you can see all the detail that is on the frame of the shadow box.  I used 2 different pattern papers for the top and the bottom and mirrored paper in the center and on the top border under the name. I separated those papers with light green ribbon.  I colored the pieces of the horse, saddle, mane, bridle, tail and flag pole with markers.  That was fun.  I used ink on the bottom layer of the frame.  I tried to show you the dimension of the horse.  I used pop dots between the front and back piece of the horse and the pole to the back of the box.  I used a little bling on the name tag and it too is popped up. The banner that the name is on is one of the dies  from La-La Land Crafts as well and so is the scalloped border.

I am pretty proud of how this came out.  I hope Isabella and her parents love it too!

thanks for stopping by.  I hope you like my shadow box.  see ya soon!